Friday, September 9, 2011

hideaway



I picked up two sets of the Sterilite Clearview Wide 3 Drawer Unit at Walmart for about $16 each with makeup organization in mind and they have been a huge hit, especially with Jay who loves the idea of my stuff NOT being all over our apartment. I have them stacked on my dresser.

Starting from the bottom up:

Excess body sprays...
The operative word here is EXCESS;  I have another stash stuffed on a shelf. 


Palettes...
I've got two 88 shadow palettes, a 40 shadow palette, my 12 blush palette and several Urban Decay shadow palettes. I use the Naked Palette the most which is why it's front and center.


Foundations, pressed powders, loose powders, concealers, tinted moisturizers, illuminizers...
I've acquired quite a few of these products in the past year; I really wanted to put some drugstore brands to the test.


Blushes, bronzers, lipglosses and lipsticks...
Lipgloss was the first form of makeup that I got into. This year I've started experimenting with lipsticks and lip pencils. 


Eyeshadows, eyeliners, mascaras...
Over the years I've grown a nice collection of shadows. This year I shifted my focus to palettes, but I still reach for the individual, duo and quad shadows every now and then.


All the extras --- Unopened goodies, brushes, contacts, eyelashes, miscellaneous tools...
I always try to keep extra sponges and powder puffs for my compacts so I can replace them on a regular basis.


Brushes and applicators sit on top, all of which are in desperate need of a bath...
I have a lot of MAC brushes, but I also really like brushes from Coastal Scents and drugstore brands like Posh and Sonia Kashuk.


Getting everything organized was a great way of taking inventory and sorting out the products that were expired, that I no longer used or liked or that weren't right for me. I used to have stacks, bags, baskets of makeup scattered all over. Having everything in one place helps me get a lay of the land when it comes to using products and putting together looks. It's great to know that I can reach for something and find it immediately. 

No comments: