Friday, May 13, 2011

janet


One morning when I was commuting to work I spotted a women sporting this bag (in the larger black and gold version). I proceeded to, literally, follow her with the hopes of figuring out what type of bag it was and where she got it. At the last minute, as I stood behind her on the escalator, I lost my nerve to speak to her and I was unable to identify the brand of bag. Sadly, I continued to work, but the bag never left my mind.

I saw the woman, and her bag, for a second time a couple of weeks later. This time, after following her again, I complimented her on the bag and asked her where it was from. She told me Nordstrom and I was able to sneak a peek at the tag hanging from the bag and found that it was by Badgley Mischka.

I hurried to my office, turned on my computer, and did a Google search with the designer and description of the bag. I found it, but it retailed for $500. I also read a bunch of reviews that said the bag was beautiful but lost its shape because it was so large. I also didn't like the fact that the hardware was gold. 

If only this bag was cheaper, smaller and had silver hardware, I lamented.

That was six months ago.

Yesterday, as I checked through my daily sale emails, I noticed that Gilt Groupe was having a Badgley Mischka handbag sale. I thought of the bag. I hastily waited until 12pm, when the sales starts, and found that they had this version of the bag, the 'Janet Tundra' shoulder bag; smaller, silver hardware, and in gray leather! Gray is one of my favorite colors. 

This particular version of the bag retails for $298, but I nabbed it for 50% off!

No comments: