Wednesday, March 30, 2011

haul monitor - mac cosmetics




The Cosmetics Company Store outlet is one of my favorite places. They carry a wide selection of products from MAC, Bobbi Brown, Clinique and more. I visit there mainly to shop the MAC line of products because I've found that they have quite an abundance of limited edition items no longer available in stores. On this latest trip, I noticed that some of the items had Nordstrom price tags on them, so I'm assuming they get a lot of their stock from overflow or leftover/unsold items from regular retail locations. They also carry a pretty wide range of palettes, brush sets and bundled items. The store is an outlet, so the prices are great. I bought the following items, pictured above, for around $60.

MAC Volcanic Ash Exfoliator
MAC 'Dirty Plum' Blush from the Liberty of London Collection
MAC Mineralize 'Light Over Dark' Blush Duo from the Pret-A-Papiere Collection
MAC 'Bronze Hero' Lustre Drops from the Style Warrior Collection

I've really been enjoying the volcanic ash exfoliator, and I've gone so far as to get a friend of mine to pick up two more tubes for me. As you work it in, it changes from a beaded exfoliator to a more foamy face wash. It leaves my skin feeling fresh and soft.

The dirty plum blush is a beautiful color. Because the coverage is buildable, it starts out as purplish pink and becomes more purple as you add more. The blush duo I can use as neutral blush, a bronzer or a highlighter.

The lustre drops are the most interesting addition to my makeup collection. To be honest, I was drawn to them initially because they came in a leopard printed box, but after inquiring found out that the drops can be used as a highlighter on their own, or added to lotion or foundation for an extra glow.

No comments: