Wednesday, March 23, 2011

my cleopatra








Sadly, Elizabeth Taylor has passed away. She was 79 years old.

As a child, I spent countless hours watching classic films that my mother brought home and most of my favorites starred Elizabeth Taylor. Among them were Cat on a Hot Tin Roof with Paul Newman, Suddenly, Last Summer and a Place In the Sun with Montgomery Clift, Giant with Rock Hudson and James Dean and Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf? with Richard Burton.

Elizabeth Taylor was an absolutely gorgeous woman with an incredible talent for acting. Cleopatra was my favorite of her films. It was the reason why I wanted so badly to visit Egypt. As my high school graduation gift, my mother took me there. I thought of the film as we sailed on the Nile River, visited the pyramids and sphinx and traveled to Alexandria, Abu Simbel and Luxor.

Elizabeth Taylor will always be my Cleopatra.













2 comments:

Shanti Harvell said...

TY 4 this tribute. I luv her & your right she'll always b Cleopatra...PS luv luv ur blog!

Vanessa said...

Thanks, Shanti!!! I'm glad you enjoyed this post --- I really do love Liz Taylor!!! Thanks for checking out the blog!!!